Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Worth Mentioning


"Now that it's all over, what did you really do yesterday that's worth mentioning?" ~Coleman Cox

At times before I go to bed I ask myself, ‘what have I done today that is truly worth mentioning?’ Did I give it my all? Was I being the person I committed to being? Did I sell out on myself, or someone else? How have I contributed to this universe in such a way that someone, somewhere, is realizing that they matter? Did I meet all my goals? Have I lived today as if it was my last?

Heavy questions, I know. There are times right before I go to sleep I find myself smiling. Smiling because I know I have done what I could and thank God for the day and pray that I’ll see tomorrow.

I believe that every moment of our lives is worth mentioning, especially if it’s a moment that we have gained clarity. Clarity that enables me to move forward. Clarity that often times is masked by my insecurities, my fears and my own judgments about myself. When I get clear, its as if the weight of the world is off my shoulders. Getting clear enables me to see the things that I haven’t seen or refuse to see.

When working a 9-5 I sometimes allow myself to get into this rut of everyday living. Sometimes it sucks me into a daily routine. When I find myself repeating a day over, I stop and ask myself is this how I want to truly live my life? Then I start questioning myself, how have I impacted this universe in such a way that I can say I have left a legacy?

Then I get grounded and re-member that it takes only one person. Only one person to put a smile on your face. Only one person to turn your day around. Only one person to tell you I Love You. Only one person to put their hand on your shoulder and tell you everything is going to be ok. Only one person to give you that big hug that you so desire at the very moment.

At the end of the day my life is worth mentioning because I’m worth it and so are you!

I LOVE YOU! Special.K.
  LIVE TO LOVE


No comments:

Post a Comment